Friday, June 7, 2024

Byakko's MUGEN Creations

A collection of Byakko aka Baiken's MUGEN creations.

Byakko's Site (Archived): http://www.reubenkee.com/MSJ/index.html

A lot of people didn't know Byakko updated 3 of his chars in 2007. As a result, when I started looking for them in 2023, all three latest versions of them were still missing. Nobody had them reuploaded on the popular MUGEN sites except the previous versions which were more well known. Took me awhile to track down all three of them, except that one of them had its def files edited by anonymous.

In the site above, Byakko said that for Another Kyo, he, "last uploaded" him on March 18, 2007. I thought that also meant that he updated Another Kyo as well, or I misread/misinterpreted it. Amazingly, I found out that Byakko was still active on Mugenguild, so I messaged him, and it worked. He replied back and we talked about it. Basically Byakko said it was just a reupload, not an update. Still unsatisfied and uncertain, I went looking in the archives, and I finally found the release thread that talked about it. Baiken aka Byakko said, "Kyo hasn't been updated, though, just reuploaded," at the time of the updates. Now, I was convinced that Byakko just reuploaded him without any changes of the previous version, and what was the previous version? The one that was already archived, reuploaded, and well known, ver. 4/13/2006. Byakko said in the site above, "He hasn't recieved any major modification since the addition of Saisyu's Nata Guruma, dp+K (which Kyō also has in KoF Maximum Impact 2)" and in the readme of v.4/13/2006, it said, "He got his daddy's Nata Guruma, since he has it in KoF:MI2", so the two matched. In the cmd file, the move was added. Version 4/13/2006 was the latest one.

With that chapter closed, I'm still looking for the untouched v. of Ryo, since its def file was slightly modified by Unknown in May 2007. Stay tuned... And I asked Byakko already. He does not seem to have him.

Characters

Unreleased WIP Chars
  1. CvS 2 King
  2. CvS 2 Geese
  3. CvS 2 Nikaido Benimaru (Revamped)
  4. & 5. Updated vers. of Joe, and Kyosuke
Work Files
These aren't completed chars. They contain pcxs and acts, found in his site archived. CvS2Geese contains a pal file.
Others
Not sure what this is. Previous versions of Ryo and Kyosuke? Found in his site archived, dated 2005.

Have anything to add to this page like MUGEN content, or information? Need to contact me, or comment about something? Comment below or email me at charmanmugen@gmail.com. All comments will be moderated. I'm free to change/update any of my rules as I like at any time. Last Updated: 6/20/2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I know where Tawashi aka たわし's chars were hosted

I recently discovered where Tawashi's chars were hosted. It was none other than on DEL's site all along. DEL's site was also a s...

Popular Posts